Can I Change These Aspects and Still Be Covered?
Yes! Aspects of your cover song recording like the tempo, style, groove, key, time, and instrumentation are considered to be part of your general arrangement, and allowed under a Cover Song License (Compulsory Mechanical License).
Please know that our Cover Song License will cover you as long as:
1) you did not change the existing lyrics on your recording,
2) you did not change the fundamental melody of the song,
3) you are not sampling any music or using karaoke tracks,
4) you are reproducing all the instrumentals and vocals yourself.
5) use for private listening to the end user.
A mechanical license does not cover other licensing permissions such as: Synchronization (Video / Films), Master Use (Audio you do not own), Derivative / Adaptations (Altered or Original Lyrics / Melody). These types of use would require Custom Licensing.
Please sign in to leave a comment.